Ask and you shall receive
So a very nice thing happened the other day. Okay yesterday. I got my new skates (yay). They make skating so much easier. I can actually do cross-overs and my back doesn't kill quite as bad. I was able to find vegan skates online at a very reasonable price. Problem is as a derby-girl, you beat the ever-living-piss out of your skates. Last night we were practicing falls and the toes of my brand new skates are all scuffy. :(
They make "toe guards" for speed skates. Unfortunately I can't find anywhere that makes a vegan version. All of them are leather. I had the rink owner tighten my toe stops and she pointed out that I needed the toe guards. I explained my dilemma. She then proceeded to tell me that she had some faux suede material at home and she was thinking she could do a couple layers of that with some plastic (like flexi plastic) in between and we could see how that would work.
Needless to say I was completely flabbergasted and very impressed.
In other derby news we have our first "bout" on February 2nd. I haven't passed my safety test yet, so I won't be competing but I will be skating during a half-time demo. If you care to see me make an ass of myself, come on over. Shit, you should come just for the fun of it. Here is the info. Tell your friends, tell your enemies. Bring a chair and come out for a good show!
Now I have to go study for my test on roller derby rules.




No comments:
Post a Comment