Blogging
I wish I was better at this.
I have been vair busy. I really want to pass my WFTDA minimum skills test. This mean's that not only am I going to derby practice three nights a week (unless we have a snow storm, more on this later), but I have also been trying to attend Speed Practice two nights a week as well. Speed practice deals more with technique, and well, speed. It kicks my ass and is a great work out. The good news is yesterday I did 23 laps in 5 minutes which is 3 more than required. And it was after we had already completed a 10 minute skate.
Since my last post the Foxz also had their first exhibition bout. I cannot wait to skate in a bout. It was so much fun. You can view some pictures here. Our first official Bout is scheduled for 3/29 at Skater's Edge in Appleton. There will be beer if that encourages any one to join us.
Fuck snow. And cold. And dry skin. And did I say snow. Seriously, it can stop at any time. We have had enough.
In other news, I am seeing a dietician on Wednesday. I will let you know how that goes. I really would like to lose some weight, and nothing I seem to do helps. Or something. The dietician/nutritionist I am seeing is familar with vegan diets, so I've got that going for me. I also have to have my cholesterol, glucose, and thyroid checked. All these damn tests make me feel old.
PS: Spell check isn't working and I am a horrible speller, so sorry.




1 comment:
Hi - was surfing for info on vegan roller skates and found your blog. I am also a vegan and getting into roller derby - wondering if you know of any companies that make vegan skates? thanks best best of luck!
Post a Comment