Wisconsin Dells
The fam and I went to WI Dells on Thursday and Friday last week. It didn't rain. Any one who has known me for more than a half hour knows that every time we venture to the Dells, it rains. And is usually cold and shitty. It was gorgeous. My legs are still Casper-esque, but meh.
It was amazing that in the two restaurants we ate in, after I ordered, the waiter/ress said "Are you vegan?" and then proceeded to give me recommendations on what to eat.
The waitress at Pedro's was a life saver. She let me know that tortilla's had lard in them, made sure I got the kind without the lard, made sure there was no butter on my veggie fajitas, and recommended the Cheese Factory to us. She ruled!
All in all, the trip was a success for once, and we all ate well.





2 comments:
Wow, they have a separate vegan menu? Awesome.
I would have let you know sooner I was coming up to GB, but I only decided to go with Jen on Saturday and then the time we'd arrive was really up in the air. As it was, she wanted to line up super early for the show (she's obsessed) but we got lunch at Kavarna and it was great. :)
I've always loved the Dells and all it's cheeziness. I always kind of thought of it as more of a meat on a stick kind of place rather than a fine vegan dining kind of place....who knew?
Post a Comment