Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers Day

Well mothers day was yesterday and it went off pretty much with out a hitch. They did do a barbecue, and I would be lying if I said it didn't bug me. What really got me was when my formerly vegetarian brother ate a double cheese and flesh burger.

I was in charge of making the potato salad. Every one loved it and we didn't tell them it was vegan until we finished. Yum. I also made two dips and a loaf of Misanthropy's famous tomato bread. Yum, yum, yum. I will post some pictures of my yummy food later.

It did get kind of annoying because my father still insists that I am going through a phase. Never mind that I am thirty, married, a home owner etc. Its a phase. There friend was also mispronouncing Spanish names on purpose, just to be an ass. Such as pronouncing the J in all Spanish names. It was just irritating and not really funny.

Other than that it was a pretty good day, I survived the family, I was even able to explain why I don't eat honey with out a huge issue. They liked the food so all was good.

1 comment:

veganfreak said...

cool, glad it went well. And don't you know? All of us vegans are just going through a phase. jeez.