Monday, December 17, 2007

He's Just an Old Man

Well, after I posted last night, Sir Spotula decided that he was going to immediately bounce out of what ever funk he was in.

When I woke up this morning (2 hours late, meaning an hour into my shift) I couldn't even justify taking him to the vet. They would have just looked at me like I was nuts. They do this on a regular basis. So when I went in to pick up the de-wormer for Elmer Fudd, I talked for a while with the tech. Essentially, he is just getting old. He will have good days and bad, but I can't bring him in every time he has a bad day. Now if we had two bad days in a row, that would be another story.

I am going to take him soon to have a water deprivation test. This tests for kidney failure. I was going to try and schedule some time after the holidays.

2 comments:

Alabaster Mom said...

That's good news about Spit-Spot Whaddya Got.

Mary said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Spot, I know that's a tough one when they drink and piddle a lot. Thankfully it went away. When my Sam had it it didn't go away, or at least it came back soon. My first vet said old age.... too, some blood work was a little off but not by much. So my second opinion was Cushings, he had all the tests to eliminate everything else plus I think it was where they inject something and see how his body metabolizes it. I don't even remember, I'm a drugs from my back surgery Monday.;) He's such a gorgeous hunk of a man, hope he stays better!!