Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Pasta Experiment

Many thanks to Laloofa over at Mehitable Days for some suggestions on alternatives to white pasta.

Here are the things that she recommends:
On your pasta issue, I recommend Tinkyada pasta. It looks and tastes like white pasta, but is whole grain (made from brown rice). We really enjoy it, especially the spaghetti and lasagna noodles...
http://www.tinkyada.com/


VitaSpelt is also really good... I prefer their shell and elbow pastas https://www.purityfoods.com/

As luck would have it the grocery store had both. So I bought both and I plan to cook up some mushrooms and kale and green onion and nom nom nom tonight.

I also picked up some quinoa pasta. I will check back later!

2 comments:

Laloofah said...

Oh no, the pressure's on now! LOL! Your post made me smile, and I hope you enjoy the pastas! I'll have to check back and find out.

Quinoa... mmmm. Love quinoa! Just posted some quinoa recipes at Care2 the other day. Did you get red or white?

On an entirely different subject, I'm sorry about your losing Sir Spot. Been through that same awful heartache many times, the price we pay for all those years of laughter and fun and unconditional love. I hope your heart is healing and I'm glad your boy had such a wonderful life with you!

And lastly... please. Being 31 does not make you "pretty old." It does not make you remotely old. It doesn't put you anywhere in the neighborhood of "old" whatsoever. I mean, really. ;-)

S. C. R. said...

I have no idea you could get PASTA made out of QUINOA. I can make myself fat AND get all of my amino acids in one shot. Fuck yeah.