Sunday, February 8, 2009

2 Years

So yesterday was my two year veganniversary. I am not sure why I remember the exact date, except that it was a pretty big deal at the time.

Now, people remember to think of me when choosing a restaurant. If some one is baking something, they at least think to ask if there is something I like instead. This year, my boss gave me a mini-diet coke for Christmas, instead of a cookie like everyone else received. It was cute. (I also just realized it sounds like I work in a fucking kindergarten, I don't.)

I still dread holidays and summer cook outs. I still get irked when I get teased. I do get teased much less so that's a plus.

I do have to say, going vegan is one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

1 comment:

Alabaster Mom said...

Congrats, chiquita! It sounds like Becky is bringing the vegan treats to Door County, so there's that.

My word verification is diggion. Seems like it ought to be a word.