Monday, May 19, 2008

6 Days and Counting

I think I am doing it. My husband even admitted to me that he was randomly surprised. I did have a few choice words with my FIL who I had the pleasure of seeing on Saturday. I told him that I quit, he asked for how long, and I said, since Wednesday. He proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't bother telling people if it had only been three days. I asked him how long he smoked and if he ever tried to quit. I also asked if there were any fifteen year habits he had that he wanted to try and break. He shut up.

I do have to admit, I like the smell of smoke still. I will go outside to stand with people who are smoking because I think it smells so delicious. Which I know makes me a freak.

I am trying to get a hold of my doc to see if I can go off the Chantix. I will keep using the website, because I think that it's awesome, but the side effects are starting to out weigh the benefits at this point. I only sleep for two hours at a time, I can't poop, and I have waaaaaaaaaay messed up dreams. I think even if I could lower the dose, that would help too. I'll keep you posted on that.

I think that's all the news here. Hopefully this won't turn into a quit smoking blog ;)

3 comments:

Alabaster Mom said...

I'm proud of you, chiquita!

Mary said...

Nuttin' wrong with a stop smoking blog since that is what you are dealing with! I am soooooooooooo proud and happy for you!! You sound like you are doing better than I did at 6 days, I craved em' big time for a long, long time. Maybe that's what that Chantex or whatever you called it helps with, if so.... great! I hope you keep er' going, I know you can! I fell the same way so I must be kind of strange too then, I loved the smell of smoke. Even when I hope in the car with my sis that smokes it's not the fresh smoke sometimes it's the stale old smell I think that's worse. At any rate your lungs will enjoy the fresh air!!;)

Anonymous said...

The first time I quit smoking I still went out on my breaks to smell others peoples smoke.
So thats not THAT weird. But now that I quit smoking completely (was a social smoker still for a year) I can't stand the smell!

Its only been a few months... but it gets easier and easier! stay strong!