Friday, March 23, 2007

Animal Violence=Human Violence

Otay- I have actually had two revelations today. (Actually this one was last night, but any one who knows about Thursday at my house knows I am not really coherent).

This one came to me after I was in bed (that's what she said). I was listening to another VF Podcast at work yesterday. I know you might find that hard to believe, but it is the truth. There was an interview with Colleen Patrick-Goudreau (http://www.veganfreakradio.com/?date=2006-09) and she was talking about the violence in slaughter houses (among other things). She mentioned that it was impossible for the workers not to take that violence home with them.

LIGHT BULB
Hmmmm. Aren't there many, many statistics that indicate violent criminals where often convicted of animal abuse in the past? (http://www.cahs-pets.org/resources/animal_and_human_violence.htm) (http://www.arkonline.com/violence.html) I just typed in a simple Google search and came up with many other websites as well. So, back on the ranch, human violence=animal violence. Why after much time on the job would a slaughter house worker be able to leave that violence at work. In fact, how many people leave there job completely when they get home? (If you do congrats, you fucking rock) In my case it is stress or a manual. In the slaughter house workers, it's death.
-
Imagine going home every knowing you caused the death of countless living beings. Shit, I would never advocate domestic violence, but I would image sooner or later the worker might not know any different.
Fuck....

4 comments:

KleoPatra said...

I had to laugh, but it wasn't a "ha ha" laugh, but more of a knowing laugh... i can't imagine, in the same "light," prison and jail workers (those in charge)... and of course, you know, those lovely prisoners themselves... what an environment THAT's got to be...

Thinking about animals "raised" to be eaten, they are like prisoners, are they not?? Only they don't get to voice any opinions, they have no lawyers, no day in court, no friends to bail them out, no one visiting to tell them "everything's gonna be all right..."

F*d up, GBV, in every way. SomeX, i loathe this world in which we live, but the alternative is not exactly up for grabs as party central...

KleoPatra said...

Waaah, i wanted to post re: your rant about bein' sick but there's nowhere i see to post.

Anyway, i hope you feel better SOON.

Sorry your doc has a terrible 'tude, btw. That sucks.

And i loathe antibiotics and am allergic to almost all of them as it is!

*HUGS*

Drasch23 said...

^^
I fixed this Kleopatra. Sorry about that, I am feeling a little better.

KleoPatra said...

Thank you! And i'm glad you're better! Rant on, sistah!