Foods (BAW)
I am still struggling with sugar. For those of you not in the know, most sugar is refined using a bone char. Bone char comes from animals. (NOT VEGAN) I didn’t realize this before I started reading up on or looking into animal rights and veganism. I have some sugar (granted, not a lot, I just started cooking) that I plan to use up. Then I am going to look for Sugar in the Raw or Florida Crystals. I think the stance I am going to take on this is to use vegan sugar in the house, but possibly eat non-vegan sugar out. There are not many baked goods or dessert type items I can eat when I am out any way. Most have dairy and or eggs in them so I would avoid them regardless. I am interested to hear other thoughts on this.
Speaking of foods, the other night I made Tom Tofurky (from Vegan Vittles) and mashed potatoes and Punk Rock Chick Pea Gravy. It rocked. DK ate it with me and said her boyfriend would even eat it (he hunts). I still could not get DH to eat it, but man it was tasty. The tofu was breaded and it got a really nice skin on it. The gravy was awesome. I did a stir fry Monday night which is pretty boring, but healthy and easy so that works. Tuesday we went to Grazies (http://www.graziesitaliangrill.com) and I had the Thai Ginger Peanut rigatoni without the chicken, sub portabella’s. MMMMMM. It was a great dinner and great lunch for today. (This is Wednesday.) I also have to say that that the Grazie’s staff was great. I complimented the manager. The waitress even went in back to ask the cooks about the peanut sauce. I also think that I could make a peanut sauce and it would be good on lots of things (veggies, etc) Tonight I am looking for something healthy. Other then stir-fry, I wonder if I could bake something. Maybe I will try the casserole that I wrecked a couple weeks ago. Who knows?




1 comment:
Florida Crystals are da bomb! (and i mean that in a good way!)
Please stop by my blog if you have a minute and say hi... and check out some of my links.
You'll find a lot of like-minded peeps there.
Thanks for your great blog, i'm lovin' it!
~K
Post a Comment