Friday, March 2, 2007

Day of Cooking

Today I learned that if you are using fresh basil, you probably shouldn't use the stems. It makes your pesto bitter. And no one likes bitter pesto. Quite frankly, I only like my bitters bitter.

Okay, here is the breakdown.

Chex Mix - made with margarine instead of butter, and veg Worcestershire sauce. It turned out tasting pretty much like the real thing! Woo ha.

Pesto - see above. Lesson learned.

Tofu Ricotta - ran out of basil (plus I probably would have used the stems any way) so I just used the Italian seasoning shaker thingy that I had in the cupboard. It tasted pretty good cold, I am not sure how I feel about nutritional yeast, I may add less or none at all next time. I hope it is good on my pizza tomorrow.

Tempeh Sausage - I was actually really impressed with myself on how this turned out. I can't wait to have it on my pizza tomorrow.
__________

I still want to make blondies, but DH is already in bed and I have to use the blender. I am trying to be nice, and I think I will have time to make them tomorrow morning.
__________

We are going to door county tomorrow and the veg*ns out number the carnivores, but I am the only vegan. (This is why I am cooking like a banshee, I want to make sure I have some stuff to eat). We are going out to lunch, and I am betting on spaghetti with marinara. : You can see my excitement in that. We will be going to a candy store so I am pretty stoked about getting some non-milk chocolate.
__________

No comments: