Monday, April 23, 2007

Confessions...

NO I DIDN'T EAT MEAT OR CHEESE OR MILK OR EGGS.

I actually debated long and hard over whether or not I would post about this at all. I am completely embarrassed, but I often wonder if new vegans go through a lot of the same things, so I thought I would post so that if this type of thing happens to others, they don't feel like such a freak.

Saturday evening, SD had eaten, DH has just got home. I was dicking around the house reading or something and they decided to cook a pizza. So they did. Cheese, sausage, peppers, and onions. It was sitting on the counter and for about a minute, it actually looked tempting to me.

This fucking freaked me out. I haven't had a craving for meat since I have given it up. I was never a big fan of meat. At first, I thought it would be really hard to give up cheese, but I followed the three week plan, and it wasn't bad at all. It even started to look gross to me. (I haven't given a second thought to eggs, even though I used to love omelets. Hearing them called reproductive secretions was enough for me).

Now, I didn't do it. Didn't eat it. Didn't even think about eating it, but I felt guilty none the less. I am pretty disappointed in myself.

Seasoned vegans, please don't judge. Be kind. I am unsure if this makes me a bad vegan or what, but it fucking sucked for the short time it lasted.

In other news, I made scrambled tofu tonight and tried to make it with the nutrtional yeast this time (the recipe calls for it, but I never used it). Didn't like it. Very disappointed.

2 comments:

veganfreak said...

no need to be hard on yourself; sometimes, that stuff looks and/or smells good, esp. at first. You didn't eat it, and that's what counts!

KleoPatra said...

I don't judge you, GBV, of course i don't. I am not tempted by that stuff anymore but i've been a veg for 25 years now! There've been times in my past when the wafting smell might have had my tummy grumbling but the thought of the animal that suffered and/or died always stopped that...