Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lots of Frustrations Lately

I haven't blogged in a while. I think it has been over a week, or like six days or something. I have been slacking for a reason.

Lately, I have just felt overly frustrated by stupid shit that I know I shouldn't let bother me. I had to attend yet another family gathering, and I think it was worse then Easter. FIL was really ragging on me for no good reason what so ever. I follow the rules now. I don't bring up my veganism. I let people approach me. I don't talk about it over food. So in other words, it wasn't like I was standing at the fucking grill tossing blood on people chanting "Meat's no treat for those you eat". FIL would not leave me alone. Bless my hubby for stepping in and telling him to back off.

Then, a couple days later I ordered marinara from a restaurant around here, where I have eaten before. The person who ordered specified no cheese, but apparently not no meat. My marinara came with flesh on it. WHAT THE FUCK. Most of the flesh was on the top, so I slopped the sauce in the garbage and ate the noodles. I then preceded to feel guilty about this for days, on the off chance that I ate some meat. (I doubt that I did. I was meticulous about it, and at this stage in the game, I can guarantee that accidental meat would make me sick). As if this wasn't bad enough, a know-it-all bitch from work preceded to tell me that marinara always has meat in it. UM - NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T. Does not. DOES NOT.

So, as you can see, I sound like a fucking whiner. I did make some great discoveries tho, so I will impart my knowledge to you so I don't seem like such a ranting bitch (although anyone who knows me, knows I am a ranting bitch)

1. I finally found a place to buy Florida Crystals Sugar.
2. I had a really good vegan meal on Friday.
3. My mom is totally cool with having me bring some vegan items down for Mothers Day.
4. I am having a vegan themed party on Thursday. Thank God beer is vegan.

2 comments:

veganfreak said...

hang in there...the world can be an annoying place at times.

KleoPatra said...

Hope the frustrations get turned around...

sno it art surf forevermore, GBV!