Vegan Pool
So, I live in Packer City (in case anyone isn't familiar with Green Bay, Packer football is essentially a religion around here). There is also a huge casino here, so people love to gamble.
We have pools all the time at work, March Madness, Superbowl, Will the Baby be a Boy or a Girl, Who is the Father of Anna's Baby; that type of shit. I was thinking about possibly starting a vegan pool.
Rules would be simple, put in 10 or 5 bucks, or what ever I decide on. The person who is vegan the longest gets to keep the pot (so its me....JUST KIDDING, I won't play).
I am looking for away to show people that I eat more than twigs and berries (which coincidentally is a euphemism for a penis). I do eat a lot of salad, but I am watching my figure. I think I am probably being a little selfish and doing a Black Like Me type of thing, where I want people to walk in my shoes. I want them to know what its like to have people say "Why are you like that?" "We didn't get to the top of the food chain to eat rabbit food." (Fuck you. Fight an alligator, then we'll talk). Maybe I just want people to know the joys of pooping three times a day and fart a lot (which, by the way, are my favorite things about being vegan)
The problems I could see with this are:
- People can be fucking liars. I am not sure how I would go about being sure that everyone was truly vegan.
- Finding the interest.
- Helping people with food ideas. I can see a lot of people trying to live off just iceberg lettuce. I feel like if I am starting the pool, I need to be partially responsible for making sure these peeps eat well.
- Getting away with it at work. I am sure gambling is illegal.
I would love to get other peoples opinions on this. I know that there are places that do "Vegan Freak for a Week" and get donations and have raffles and stuff. I am kind of thinking like this but on a smaller scale.




3 comments:
cool idea -- you could make it seem like a dare, too. The thing is, like Vegan Freak for a Week, you'd have to give people some concept of what to eat/cook, or they'd get mighty bored, I bet.
I think that would be really cool. I wish I could get some of my classmates to try it (I'm going to work on a few of the vegetarians next year). The money pot would give them the incentive and Vegan Freak for a Week initiatives have proven that it can be done.
Go for it.
Love the idea!
Post a Comment