Wednesday, May 28, 2008

2 weeks

I think that these updates are getting kind of boring. It's been two weeks, I haven't smoked. I don't even really think about it any more.

It's weird, after the first week, it was actually easier for me to do this than it was to go vegan. I think that being vegan is much more freaky than smoking. I think people think that is more of an oddity.

What really doesn't make sense in this whole equation is being vegan is good. It's good for me, good for animals, good for the environment, it just generally rules. Smoking on the other hand is not good. In fact smoking is bad. Yet, people would more often taunt me about being vegan than they would about smoking.

In a perfect world, complete strangers would stare at me as I went outside to smoke, instead of when I order my pizza with out cheese.

2 comments:

Marginwalker said...

Good for you sister, I'm so proud of you. I KNEW you could do it. I've referenced my dad before, and I hope that's not too annoying, but he smoked from age 15 to age 45. He told me that he knew by 2 weeks he had it licked. He still had his moments but that he'd never give in to in again. And he sure as hell never did (possibly more out of spite for tobacco companies than anything else!). I can honestly tell you that quitting smoking probably gave my dad a good 20 years on his life. You've done such good for yourself, and you are an inspiration!!! I'm so, so proud of you!

Mary said...

Boy, I think you are doing better than I did quitting which is wonderful!! I'm so happy for ya Jen!! I thought I might DIE my addiction was so bad but I'm glad you are doing so great, one thing I know it only gets easier!!