Shopping and Other Stuff...
I am pretty sure that I don't belong intermingled with the general public. It's not a good thing. I am not sure what has happened but some where a long the way, manners have become optional. I cannot believe how many people no longer use simple things such as "Please" and "Thank You". I don't know how many times I held the door for someone today and didn't receive acknowledgement. (And I know, I shouldn't be polite for the acknowledgment but a "Thank You" isn't that hard to spit out). No joke, in the grocery store a woman asked if I was planning on getting out of her way anytime soon. I guess she'd rather say that then "Excuse me". Fuck.
The day wasn't a complete wash. I found four pair of jeans at Old Navy. I did break my resolve to not buy new clothes (buying from thrift stores) but now my old jeans will go to Goodwill, so it's not a complete loss.
I also discovered Amy's Toaster Pops. Like Pop-Tarts, but vegan. They are delish. The filling is much more pie-like than I remember Pop-Tarts being. Try them. Or else.




2 comments:
I get really steamed over people's complete lack of basic politeness, too. The door thing bugs me most when you hold the door and *they just walk right past you* and don't acknowledge you.
Tsila
Every so often, when I am at the mall, I try this little experiment. I can't figure out why I am always the one who has to move out of the way for everyone else. So I try to stay the course and see if the person heading straight for me will move. No. They will run into me (usually taking me out at the shoulder) every single freaking time.
Post a Comment