Friday, November 16, 2007

Acknowledgements...

Isn't that what authors put in their books to thank people. I guess that is kind of what this is. After reading it in completion, I do realize it sounds pretty sappy, but I also think it is important to let these peeps know they rule!

I want to preface this by saying that I always sort of thought that people who made friends online were kind of weird. Until I became one of those people. Which is the way a lot of things go.


Being vegan in Green Bay is very easy in a practical sense. I have plenty to eat and I am not afraid to ask questions in restaurants or at work. What I didn't have when I started was a network of vegan friends. People that could relate to what I was going through or had gone through similar things. I now have lots of these people. Granted, I have a virtual network, but man, they have helped me through a lot of shit. So I want to thank some of these people. I will use there screen names to protect the guil...I mean innocent. ;)

Amyagogo - I am not even sure what to say to you except that you rule. I am glad to know you and your craziness.

Dino - the cooking master. You rule. You have answered questions about cooking, how to deal with family, what I should wear, and countless other things. You kick ass.

DJMcBastard - If only I were a man. Then we could be together. You make me laugh and you have the best tattoo evah! I love your rave pants and the fact that you are now a home owner. And the dog you so graciously left with your pops.

Gymmie - You are the best vegan cheerleader ever. You never seem to be down and always make my day a little brighter. Mad props to you.

heathergalaxy - I am so happy for you and your new found romance! You are so smart and cool, I feel like you are the older sister I never had. Never judgemental, but always looking out for me.

Jenz - You are one of the first peeps I met at VFF and you rock. I love our drunken banter and our non-prolific posting. I am glad that we are kind of twins.

KozmicG - You are just one bad ass vegan. I learn a lot from you. And you have kick ass hair.

Lisat - Thank rawj for dogs. And smoking cigarettes. One day soon I will be out east to visit you and the pooches. We will have a night of vegan debauchery. RMB's :P

Pleather and VeganFreak - Um, yeah, I wouldn't be vegan if it wasn't for you two. VF, you are always there to sing me Billy Joel songs and rant in chat. Pleather - you helped with my pits and for that I am forever grateful.

tatman6006 - I lurve you and our drunken texting. I like that we have husbands. You are an amazing vegan cook and I can't wait to try your pot pie. Thanks for listening when I needed it. We will some day paint some town drunk.

venicesinking - Three words: Sauced and Burnt. I love that we are vegan superhero's and want to get my ass down south to see y'all. GODDAMN.

Woz - You are one ultra-cool chick. You have supported my Arbonne business from the get-go and were in fact, my first customer. Your outlook on life makes me laugh. You and WMDH kick ass.

2 comments:

The Divine Miss V said...

Yeah, you betta come see me, betch. I expect loads of debauchery between the two of us. And yes of course, RMBs (for them, not us :p).

YOU are indeed awesome and I'm thrilled to know you.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh....I love you too <3

I need to hurry up and win the lottery or something so I can do the world tour and come visit!

Gymmie <3