Thanks Mom and Dad
And I have to actually thank Enferex (from VFF) for giving me this wonderful blog idea!
We have all inherited some things from our parents and family members. Certain sayings, looks, and routines come from our fam. I have a few weird ones that I have decided to share.
Soda
Any one who has known me for a reasonable amount of time, knows that I drink my Diet Coke warm. I don't mean warm, like I have heated it up. I just mean room temperature. It's not just Diet Coke I prefer this way, it's all soda. Especially regular Coke when I allow myself to have a can. I get this from my father. I used to think it was so disgusting that he would come back to his car after being some where, find a warm (and this time it was warm) Diet Coke. Look at it, and drink it any way. This was gross until I did it. I cringed.
The Tilt Wheel
This is that nifty feature that allows the steering wheel on your car to move up and down. I don't know that I will ever be able to drive with out it. I cannot get in or out of a car that doesn't have one. My husband never uses his and it drives him insane when I do.
Driving
Speaking of cars and the such, I drive exactly like my father. I speed. I change lanes, a lot. I cut people off with out thinking twice. I drive way to fast towards stop signs/lights and then have to slam on my brakes. (This causes me to throw my right arm across the person sitting next to me. Which, oddly enough comes from mom). When hubby and I go to Chicago, I usually end up driving because if left to him, we wouldn't get any where.
Laundry
Every single one of my strange laundry habits comes from my mother. How I sort the loads. I will admit, only I know what gets washed in hot, cold, or warm. Don't bother to try and figure it out. How everything must be hung on hangers or folded directly from the dryer to avoid using an iron. How I use pants hangers and hang the pants upside down. Underwear must be bleached and soaked and washed twice. Like I said, don't try and figure it out.
Sayings
I have a lot of sayings that come from mom and dad. Most notably are the following:
Preface: Child picking their underwear out of their butt.
Me: You going to the movies?
Child: No...why? (sometimes just a look like I am crazy)
Me: Cos you're picking your seat.
Child: Come on Jenni....
Me: Where we going? Can I drive?
Preface: Response to something that DE is wearing.
Me: You don't know what kind of invitation some one is going to get from that outfit.
Preface: Child wants to do something completely insane.
Me: Over my dead body.
I love my parents!




No comments:
Post a Comment